In many of the floorplans on the street,
this is actually walled off
as another bedroom
Which would certainly give me another hallway
But I’m good with just this hallway
When we first moved in,
You can see that I had not quite shopped the house
for pieces that would work well over here
mostly because I didn’t know what I wanted the space to be
I knew that I wanted one of my three Christmas trees
to go in that window.
So I didn’t really focus too much
on making that specific space functional.
Until I missed reading and pretty spaces like this
Photo (c) b3 home designs
Some closer looks
at what I love here
include this tray of awesome
The heart rock was from
one of the most awesome
The shell was collected YEARS ago
the awesome bell | chime
was given to me by my mom
back when I was in high school
after one of her yard sale stops
Most recently, I my fave book
from the most awesome Estate Sale
I. Have. Ever. Been. To.
In my life.
I’ll have to get a photo of it.
This whole space rocks my world.
Now if I could only get more time
to plug in and blog
or unplug and read a book
Can’t wait to be home
for more than a few hours
at a time.
When I first saw this project on the web
over at Frugal with a Flourish,
I knew I had to knock them out.
So I did.
I already had the salad plates from staging the last place we sold.
I already had Mod Podge because, well, I’m a crafter
To get the birds, all you have to do is Google “Images, Bird sillhoutte”
Low and behold the choices are almost endless
I picked out about 11 I liked
Then I went into Microsoft Digital Image Suite (pre Photoshop love affair)
And opened a circle the size of my plates (8 inches)
And then sized the birds so that they were pretty similar size for each plate
I printed on regular 8.5 x 11 paper
Then got to snipping and cutting.
Of course, I did this by hand.
Unlike this project gone wild
The snipping and cutting only took me 10 minutes
and no one looked at me like I was crazy.
Once cut, I modge podged them down onto the plate
with a layer of MP on the back of each cutout
Then I ran a layer of MP across the full front
And that dulled down my already not full bleed black ink
So I took my Deco Art Gloss Black Enamel acrylic paint
And a couple of tiny brushes
And filled in the sillhoutes again
Let dry overnight.
Next morning, use Disc Hangers (aka, the BEST plate hanging tool in the world)
to make the plates ammendable to hanging
Then I used a cool eyeballing trick for easy, symetrical, photo hanging
I’ll blog about that.
Don’t let the copious supplies, cutting time or successive steps scare you.
This is totally DIY Easy. Jump in and see.